How to turn pages: just tap on the left (go back) or right (go to next) half of the screen.
- support for all commonly used formats
- rar, zip, tar, image folders, …
- automatic loading of previous/next chapters
- history of last open titles (the whole history or selected items it can be erased)
- reopens on last open page at startup in the last viewed region
- elegant & touch friendly interface
- kinetic scrolling & pinch zoom support
- for persistent zoom scale, enable Remember scale in Options
- an easy to use paging slider
- paging feedback arrows (can be turned off in Options)
- fullscreen support (the fullscreen toggle button can be made invisible in Options)
- portrait and landscape support (automatic rotation or portrait/landscape lock)
- information about currently open chapter + online search of chapter name
- funny Stats page
- an About page
- quite a few configuration options
How to get Mieru
Mieru should be available from Ovi store once it clears the Ovi QA.
Apps for Meego
Mieru has been submitted to apps.formeego.com and is waiting for community feedback to pass the community QA.
If you have a few minutes, please help by testing Mieru according to the Apps for MeeGo Community QA howto, so that it can soon enter the main Apps repository.
Manual package installation
It is also possible to install the Mieru package manually.
(installation from Ovi or Apps doesn’t need developer mode and is fully automatic)
become root be running devel-su in the developer mode
- manually install all dependencies needed by Mieru
apt-get update apt-get install libzip1, libarchive1, python-pyside.qtgui, python-pyside.qtdeclarative, python-magic, python
- download the package Mieru installation package from its OBS repository
- install the Mieru package
dpkg -i CURRENT_MIERU_PACKAGE_NAME
Source & Licence
- Mieru is free a software distributed under GPL, the complete source code is available from GitHub:
- The Ubunchu manga distributed under CC-by-NC was used for the screenshots.
current version: V2.1.4
V 2.1.4 * add missing dependency on compression libraries V 2.1.3 * initial release of Mieru with QML GUI for Harmattan
Q: How to turn pages ?
A: Tap on the left or right part of the screen.