Qt SDK delivers a complete toolset that supports the creation of Qt apps. The features available in this tool include:
- Qt and Qt Mobility APIs for Symbian, MeeGo, desktop, and simulator targets.
- Qt Quick with the Qt Quick Components and Qt Creator to provide a complete solution for UI development.
- Tools for Symbian, MeeGo, and desktop apps, including the use of native APIs.
- Device binaries to enable apps created with the SDK to be run on Symbian devices.
Qt SDK 1.1.3 is available and provides:
- Qt Creator 2.3 — with many small but significant improvements, such as enhanced C++ coding style options and threaded code completion.
- Qt Simulator 1.2 — with several new features, including simulation of UI gestures (such as pan and pinch), light sensor, and NFC tags.
- Notifications API 1.1 — with the addition of QML binding.
- Symbian Complimentary Package update – with latest CODA debug agent, experimental release of Nokia AnalyzeTool, and beta support for Symbian Belle (Qt 4.7.4 and Qt Mobility 1.2).
Additional online update
Further improvements to Qt SDK are available as an online update. This update provides:
- Updated Nokia N9 smartphone (Harmattan) target, Beta2. If you have a Nokia N950 Developer Device, you will also need to update its firmware, which can be found here.
- Qt Creator 2.3.1, with support for app booster for N9 software and fixes for Symbian on-device debugging (CODA).
- Fix to ensure that Qt Quick components work in the Simulator for software targeting the Nokia N9 smartphone and Symbian phones.
- Symbian Complementary package improvements with an updated qmlviewer.sis for Qt 4.7.4 and NFC support in the QtMobility 1.2 sis file.
Obtain this update by running Update Qt SDK from the Qt SDK application folder on your computer.
Important information for apps targeting Symbian
For applications targeting Symbian, please note:
- On-device debugging – TRK is no longer supported by Qt Creator 2.3, you must update to CODA. Note, in addition, that CODA is not supported on S60 3rd Edition phones.
- Qt 4.7.4 and Qt Mobility 1.2 – these are at beta level, applications created using these APIs cannot be submitted to Nokia Store. Nokia Store will accept such applications when the APIs exit beta.
Qt SDK 1.1.3 cannot be installed as an update to the Nokia Qt SDK 1.0, Qt SDK must be installed separately. To install on an Apple Mac, xCode is required.
Qt SDK is available in the following versions and installation packages:
- 32- or 64-bit Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
- 32-bit Ubuntu Linux 8.04 or later.
- 64-bit Ubuntu Linux 8.04 or later.
- 64-bit Apple Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
Each installer is available in offline and online versions. The offline installers contain the entire Qt SDK, while the online versions download the software when run on your computer.
SHA1 checksum values for the installers can be found here.
While every endeavour has been made to deliver Qt SDK defect free, if you encounter a bug please report it through the Qt bug tracker , please follow the guidance for reporting Qt bugs. Remember, the more detailed the bug reports you provide are the greater the possibility that your reported bug will be fixed.
For more information, visit the Qt Tools page.
Source Nokia Developer