- Linux desktop.
- Windows XP/Vista computer.
- FreeBSD computer.
- Various linux-based mobile devices:
- Sharp Zaurus with Qtopia-based ROMs, pdaXrom or OpenZaurus ROM.
- Archos PMA430.
- Siemens Simpad with Opensimpad 0.9.0/Opie ROM.
- Nokia 770/N800/N810 Internet Tablets (maemo).
- PepperPad 3 handheld web computer.
- Motorola A1200 smartphone.
- Motorola E680i/A780 smartphones. (This port is available from the third-party site.)
- IRex iLiad. (This port is available from the third-party site.)
FBReader is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL.
- Supported e-book formats are
- Direct reading from tar, zip, gzip and bzip2 archives. (Multiple books in one archive are supported.)
- Automatic library building.
- Automatic language and character encoding detection is supported.
- Automatically generated contents table.
- Embedded images support.
- Footnotes/hyperlinks support.
- Position indicator.
- Keeps the last open book and the last read positions for all opened books between runs.
- List of last opened books.
- Automatic hyphenations. Liang’s algorithm is used. The same algorithm is used in TeX, and TeX hyphenation patterns are used in FBReader. Patterns for Czech, English, Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian are included in the current version.
- Text search.
- Full-screen mode.
- Screen rotation by 90, 180 and 270 degrees.
Features, planned for future versions:
- Dictionary integration.
- Automatic scrolling.
- Tables support.
- Support for other e-book formats.