As of today Qt Creator 2.2 has been released adding new features as well as bug fixes and enhancements.
- New Bazaar VCS support by Hugues Delorme.
- Completely rewritten debugging support for the MSVC toolchain, resulting in significant speed improvements and allowing to debug 32 bit and 64 bit applications independent of the build of Qt Creator itself.
- New configurable MIME type definitions to map editors to files as you wish (look in Environment->MIME Types).
- New support recording and playing text editing macros by Nicolas Arnaud-Cormos.
- New configurable snippets to the editors, already including a range of predefined C++ and QML snippets (see Preferences->Text Editor->Snippets). Snippets support placeholders.
- New configurable access to external tools, also used, but not restricted to, access to the native Qt translation tool
- New pinnable debugger tool tips.
- New support for the CODA Symbian on-device debugging agent.
- New Valgrind/memcheck based memory debugger integration added (Debug->Analyzer) for Linux and Mac.
- New specialized editor for the GL shader language.
Improvements to already existing features include:
- Better QML support, such as completion for urls, file imports and attached properties.
- Better JSlint-style warnings
- Better locator filter for QML functions.
- Improved Qt Quick Designer.
- Better support for manually configured tool chains.
- Better support for mixed QML/C++ debugging, like mixed stepping from QML into C++ plugin code.
- Better customization of build steps through variables like the file path of the current document.
- Proper quoting and use of native shell syntax when specifying a program’s command line arguments.
Changelog can be found here.
Source packages, as well as binaries for
Available from The Qt Developer Network.
The sources are available from the git repository.
Source [Qt Labs]
Latest posts by Ash (see all)
- [Video] Arkon TAB Universal Tablet Car Mount – Hands On! - June 10, 2013
- Early Look at Intel’s Tizen Phone User Interface – Codenamed “Obsidian” - June 10, 2013
- [Video] Qt 5.1 Cinematic Experience Demo on Tizen Devices - June 4, 2013